Microcentral Systems > CITS2003
Class Type Data Entry
Duration 4.5 Days
Class Audience Maintenance Personnel responsible for operating the Excel Plus System with a PC and a Bus Interface
Offered At Customer site or St Paul
# of Students Minimum 5, Maximum 8
Cost $1990 per person at site, $1290 per person St Paul
Brief The course first identifies an Excel Plus Microcentral System using an elaborate block diagrams. The course then makes an immediate detour into the discussion of the nature of the Excel Plus downline processor databases. The controller database is analytically divided into what is called the Point File and the Program File. The course is shown to be concerned with the nature and significance of the Point File.
The course then shows how to display/modify a record in any piece of the Point file. All methods of database record access are discussed and exemplified. Database access procedures are introduced one set at a time with written lab exercises. Also all methods of database save/restore are shown and tested on-line.
Database display/modify-operating procedures for the W1044 XPOT are also covered.
Objectives Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
· Describe the nature and significance of a controller database
· Perform all Database Modification functions using Record Format XPOT
· Perform all Database Modification functions using Record Format PPT
· Perform all Database Modification functions using Record Format Microcentral
· Perform the critical Microcentral Database Save/Restore functions using the PC Application Packages Program.
· Use all features of the PC Applications Packages Program except the Optional programs.
· Excel Plus Microcentral System Block Diagram
· Overview of Excel Plus System Software/Firmware
· Nature and significance of R7044 Databases
· Controller Database Access/Display/Modify Procedures Using Record Format PPT
· Controller Database Access/Display/Modify Procedures Using Record Format Microcentral
· Controller Database Access/Display/Modify Procedures Using Record Format XPOT
· Overview of Excel Plus Programming