Fire and Security Systems > CITS5003
Class Type Programming
System Graphic Central
Duration 4.5 Days
Class Audience Mechanical Fire Alarm systems maintenance persons that have responsibility to maintain or reconfigure Microcentral/Graphic Central systems integrated with FS90/FS90 Plus or Delta 1000 Fire Alarm Systems using FS90/FS90Plus Panels. Also, Electrical trades people or Electronic Technicians responsible for Engineering/Reengineering or Servicing an FS90/FS90 Plus Alarm System with a Graphic Central/Microcentral or Delta 1000 front-end.
Offered At St Paul or customer site
# of Students Minimum 5, Maximum 8
Cost $1990 per person at customer site, $1290 per person St Paul
Brief The course provides an overview of the entire Excel Plus system and its extensions and enhancements. The basic portion of the course is a complete discussion of the entire Excel Plus Engineering Sequence for Fire Alarm Systems using FS90/FS90 Plus Hardware. The course deals with any job of any description or complexity.
The course is very fast paced and learning takes place in large discrete segments.
The course focuses on developing a very independent thought pattern characterized by an aggressive problem annihilating and not merely problem-solving approach.
The course first presents a very detailed block diagram of the Excel Plus Microcentral/Graphic Central System. The course then presents a small Fire Alarm system to be controlled by the Graphic Central/Microcentral system.
To this end a point file is created quickly to define all mechanical and electrical Fire
Alarm equipment. This is followed by a Mechanical Systems Data Access scheme that is to be used by the end-user. After this the defined equipment is set in required relationships with each other via Time and Event programs and Input/output Association Techniques. This completes the data base creation sequence. Each record creation is illustrated on-line using a powerful Honeywell Engineering Program. Students follow with the creation of similar records via elaborate written exercises.
The created database is then checked via the Validation routines in the engineering
program. Error messages are interpreted and errors corrected. The validated database is then compiled and checked via the Generation Utility of the engineering program. Generation error messages are interpreted and errors corrected.
The compiled database is then used to print database logs and reports. These reports are deciphered and interpreted. Their extensive and unusually comprehensive nature is noted strongly.
The generated database is used to create media databases for the downline processors and the central processors.
The course then goes into media database installation and on-line test and checkout.
Finally the entire sequence is done by the students again. This time the students work independently on a given project. A successfully working project is a very satisfying and confidence-building experience.
Objectives Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
· Identify Excel Plus Graphic Central/Microcentral System Hardware including the F &S Bus, Fire Alarm Equipment and Fire Alarm Processors
· Identify software/firmware in all components of the Graphic Central/Microcentral Central Fire Alarm Systems
· Perform all Database Modification functions using the Interactive Database
Modification Utility of the Engineering Program
· Perform the Database Validation Function provided in the Engineering Program
· Interpret and rectify the validation error messages with dispatch
· Perform the Database Generation function provided in the Engineering Program
· Interpret and rectify the Database Generation error messages with dispatch
· Perform the Media generation functions provided in the Engineering Program
· Generate required reports for analysis
· Install Generated Databases into the required downline Fire Alarm Processors
· Test and Checkout on-line the installed databases
· Microcentral/Graphic Central System Block Diagram
· Overview of Fire Alarm System Software/Firmware
· Processor Database Record Access/Display/Modify Procedures
· Database Validation Procedure
· Validation Error Messages
· Database Generation/Compilation
· Database Generation Error Messages
· Installing Processor Databases
· Database Test and Checkout