XBS Systems > CXBS3003
Class Type Programming
System XBS Central
Duration 4.5 days
Class Audience Programmers of down-line XBS processors and/or Maintenance personnel for the XBS Controllers in XBS or XBS-i Central HVAC Systems
Offered At Customer site or St Paul
# of Students Minimum 5, Maximum 8
Cost $1990 per person at site, $1290 per person St Paul
Brief The objective of this class is to prepare a student for the immediate task of modifying a given Control Strategy and Switching logic for any controller in any plant in any project database for any Excel 5000 C-bus controller. Existence of an already generated database is assumed.
The course starts with a quick overview of Excel CARE. The Getting Started module shows how to start CARE and how to use the extensive built-in help facility. The course then shows how to open an existing project and immediately goes into opening existing plants and selecting existing or new controllers for program logic modifications. Attaching plants is also discussed.
The main emphasis of the course is to discuss thoroughly plant schematics, control strategies and switching logics. Students are allowed to make changes to existing data and to test the effect of their changes.
The course does not cover the full range of capabilities of the Excel CARE system.
Objectives Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
· Start the Honeywell CARE Application Program
· Sign-on/sign-off from CARE System
· Open an existing CARE project
· Open an existing Plant
· Select a controller
· Attach/detach a Plant
· Delete a controller
· Interpret a given Control Strategy
· Modify/Change extensively any given Control Strategy and Switching Logic
· Create new Control Strategies and Switching logics
· CARE Start-Up
· Basic Navigation through the CARE Screens
· Interpretation of control Strategies and Switching Logics
· Elements of Control Strategy and switching Logic
· Time Programs