LCBS > CLCBS5000
CLCBS5000 Excel 15 Engineering Process (General)
CLASS TYPE: Engineering
SYSTEM: XL15 (Light Commercial Building Solution)
DURATION: 5 days
CLASS AUDIENCE: Technicians Installing/Servicing Down-Line Satellite Excel 10 Controllers, XL 15 Controllers/Building
Managers And/Or Maintenance Personnel Responsible for the Same
OFFERED AT: Customer site or St Paul
# OF STUDENTS: Minimum 5, Maximum 8
COST: $2288 per person at site, $915 per person St Paul
Brief: The class starts with a brief discussion of the system block diagram of a typical LCBS System showing all
central equipment such as work station PC's, local and remote E-buses, the satellite processors such as the Constant/
Variable Volume controllers, special controllers such as the Remote I/O, UV and CHC Controllers, system routers such
as the Q7751A/B FTT to FTT and TPT to FTT routers, Q7740A/B Repeaters, User Interface and Configuration tool
interfaces such as the Q7752A serial interface for the LONSpec PC, the User Interface Wall Modules such as T7770A-D
and the DDWM T7780A and the E-bus FTT termination modules 209541B. All components of the system are discussed
to a functional level.
The controllers are not programmed via a traditional programming language such as Microcel Pascal for Micro/
Macrocel controllers. Instead, the application program is prewritten by Honeywell engineers and the configurator
simply configures this program via a battery of parameters. Even the point file is configured parametrically. The
parametric database resides in the controller EEPROM. This might appear as a somewhat restrictive approach but
in practice the parametric choices are quite elaborate and do allow an unusual flexibility. However, a default
configuration is also available that will allow the controller to run and control the connected equipment without any
parametric involvement. This approach leads to a much quicker application/engineering process once the engineer
knows what choices to make to match his/her application. The process is quite akin to EMS programming in Excel
Plus Controller. Instead, one configures one by an intelligent choice of EMS parameters. The program is already
written and is resident on the controller EPROM.
The class covers thoroughly the basic or default configuration of the W7750A/B Controller, VAVII
Controllers, XL15 Building Managers, T7770 series and other Wall modules, T7300f/Q7300H
Commercial Thermostats and the operation of S7760 Command Display Unit.
This is done in order to master the engineering process as implemented in the XL 15 Engineering Application.
The W77501A/B controllers are used as a vehicle to master the Engineering Process. There are
separate classes for in-depth engineering of all the processors available (Check the CEYETS.COM
website). Students also learn how to commission the controllers through the LONSpec configuration tool.
Actual physical test and checkout of the controllers is an integral part of the class.
Students go through the configuration process with hands-on detailed lab exercises at least 3 times.
Students’ work is checked by bringing the configured system online via the LONStation tool and
checked for thoroughness and completeness. The engineering solutions are also checked via the
Written exercises are used throughout the class to reinforce the learning process.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
· Identify functionally critical components of a connected Echelon bus
· Understand the purpose and function of the Echelon bus
· Install and Operate the LONSpec Engineering Tool
· Use all features of the LONSpec Engineering System
· Wire a W7750A/B, a VAVII controller and the XL15 for a specific application
· Understand the purpose and function of W7750A/B and VASVII controller Hardware/Firmware and the same for
the XL15 Building Managers.
· Perform Commissioning and Basic Configuration functions using the LONSpec Software
· Understand functionally the purpose of all relevant controller/manager physical input and outputs and to be able
to work with them.
· Operate the S7760 Command Display Unit
· Configure the T7300F/Q7300H Commercial Thermostat
· Test the Configured system by bringing it online via the Lonstation software and Via the Microsoft Internet
· LCBS XL15 System Block Diagram including the Building Managers and the satellite processors referred to above
· LONSpec software Configuration/Installation/Operation
· XL15 Building Manager Hardware/firmware
· W7750 Controller Functional Hardware/Firmware
· W7750 Controller Test and checkout
· W7751 Controller Test and checkout
· Wall Module Configuration
· S7760 Command display unit Operation
· T7300F/Q7300 S2000 Commercial thermostat configuration
· XL15 Access Via Internet Explorer and Basic Operation