Excel Classic Systems > CEXCEL1001
Class Type Basic Operation/System Maintenance
Duration 4.5 Days
Class Audience Operators of down-line Excel processors and/or maintenance personnel for the Excel Controllers in Excel Microcentral or Distributed Excel HVAC Systems
Offered At Customer site or St Paul
# of Students Minimum 5, Maximum 8
Cost $1990 per person at customer site, $1290 per person St Paul
Brief The class starts with a thorough discussion of the system block diagram of an Excel Microcentral or standalone Excel system. All components of the system are discussed to a functional level.
The class covers thoroughly the basic operation of the Excel Controller panel using the W1035 Operator Terminal. A sample proper set of documentation is provided for use at the customer site. Test/checkout and diagnostics are covered in detail with actual experiments on Lab equipment. An elaborate trouble shooting chart is presented in class. This trouble shooting/maintenance chart is a CITS Exclusive.
The class also includes an introduction to the Excel Programming Language RACL. This introduction is sufficient for all maintenance work on Excel panels.
Written exercises are used to reinforce the learning process.
Objectives Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
· Identify functionally critical components of an Excel system.
· Understand the purpose and function of the S and the I buses.
· Understand the purpose and function of the Excel controller firmware.
· Perform all operator functions using the W1035 POT.
· Understand functionally the purpose of the Controller Point and Program files.
· Analyze Controller Program and Point databases.
· Identify and work with the Controller inputs and outputs.
· Perform all system maintenance functions.
· Read and decipher system engineering documentation as prepared by Honeywell or other engineers.
· System Block Diagram
· W1035 POT keyboard and usage
· Controller Functional Hardware/Firmware
· Controller Diagnostics / Trouble Shooting
· Introduction to RACL Programming
· Introduction to EMS Programming