Excel Life Safety Systems > CXBSXLS1
Class Type Engineering/Service
Duration 4.5 Days
Class Audience Fire and Security Systems Service/Installation Personnel
Offered At Customer site or St Paul
# of Students Minimum 5, Maximum 8
Pre-requisites CITS1004 or CITS5003
Cost $1990 per person at customer site, $1290 per person St Paul
Brief The Class starts with an exhaustive discussion of the system block diagram of the XLS System and its front end application program, namely the XBS System.
The focus of the class is system maintenance and service. To this end the class presents a very exhaustive hardware block diagram of the system and its extensions and enhancements. This requires a discussion of available enclosures and field and panel wiring. Students learn to work with chassis components and internal channel and data wiring. This is followed by local rail module discussions and wiring required therefor. All remote devices including the signature devices are discussed next. This process is supported by hardware exercises where students configure and wire given hardware for given fire alarm specifications. This requires knowledge of the engineering process. For the purpose of this class students will work with CITS generated databases. This is the subject matter of the next paragraph.
After the hardware has been mastered the students learn system power up and testing. This entails uploading/downloading the panels and their complete test and checkout. Students are not exposed to the system engineering which creates up or Downloadable databases. But they work with CITS created databases. Please consult the engineering class description for more information.
The final section of the class is working with actual running panels and working with instructor created problems using all diagnostic, test and trouble shooting techniques learned earlier in the class.
Objectives Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
· Describe all Cabinets and Chassis modules
· Verify integrity of all field wiring
· Describe all chassis components and verify inter-chassis cables
· Perform all LRM wiring
· Apply AC power and connect all batteries involved
· Download the initial start-up version of the CITS-generated application program
· Connect all field devices including signatures series devices and remove all wiring problems
· Download the CITS-generated final application program and configure the XBS front-end
· Verify proper system operation through system test and checkout
· System Block Diagram
· System Wiring
· Chassis Components
· Local Rail Modules
· Remote Devices including Signature Series Devices
· Application Program Downloading
· System Test and Checkout