Graphic Central/XBS-i Systems > CITS5001
Class Type Programming
System Graphic Central
Duration 4.5 Days
Class Audience Mechanical HVAC systems maintenance persons that have responsibility to maintain or reconfigure
Micro/Macrocel systems integrated with their Excel Plus systems using Graphic Central front end.
Also, Electrical trades people or Electronic Technicians responsible for Engineering/Reengineering or Servicing an Excel Plus Graphic Central HVAC System.
Offered At St Paul or customer site
# of Students Minimum 5, Maximum 8
Cost $1990 per person at customer site, $1290 per person St Paul
Brief The course provides an overview of the entire Excel Plus system and its extensions and enhancements. The basic portion of the course is a complete discussion of the entire Excel Plus Graphic Central Engineering Sequence for any job of any description or complexity.
The course is very fast paced and learning takes place in large discrete segments. The course focuses on developing a very independent thought pattern characterized by an aggressive problem-annihilating and not merely problem-solving approach.
The course first presents a very detailed block diagram of the Excel Plus Graphic Central System. The course then presents a small mechanical system to be controlled by the Excel Plus system. To this end a point file is created quickly to define all mechanical and electrical equipment.
This is followed by a Mechanical Systems Data Access scheme that is to be used by the end-user. After this the defined equipment is set in required relationships with each other via the programming language, Deltanet Pascal. At this point fire alarm equipment is added to the already created point file. Fire alarm programs, if any, are also added at this point. It is also shown that at this point Satellite processors such as Micro/Macrocel point files can be programmed. This completes the data base creation sequence. Each record creation is illustrated on-line using a powerful Honeywell Engineering Program. Students follow with the creation of similar records via elaborate written exercises.
The created database is then checked via the Validation routines in the engineering program. Error messages are
interpreted and errors corrected.
The validated database is then compiled and checked via the Generation Utility of the engineering program. Generation error messages are interpreted and errors corrected.
The compiled database is then used to print database logs and reports. These reports are deciphered and interpreted. Their extensive nature and unusually comprehensive nature is noted strongly.
The generated database is also used to test operation in Debug mode. This is off-line testing. The generated database is then used to create media databases for the downline processors and the central processors.
The course then goes into media database installation and on-line test and checkout.
Finally the entire sequence is done by the students again. This time the students work independently on a given project. A successfully working project is a very satisfying and confidence-building experience.
Objectives Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
· Identify Excel Plus Graphic Central System Hardware including the Peer Bus and the C-NAP bus
· Identify software/firmware in all components of the Excel Plus Graphic Central System
· Perform all Database Modifications functions using the Interactive Database
Modification Utility of the Engineering Program
· Perform the Database Validation Function provided in the Engineering Program
· Interpret and rectify the validation error messages with dispatch
· Perform the Database Generation function provided in the Engineering Program
· Interpret and rectify the Database Generation error messages with dispatch
· Perform the Media generation functions provided in the Engineering Program
· Generate required reports for analysis
· Download Generated Databases to the required downline processors
· Test and Checkout on-line the generated Databases after download
· Excel Plus Graphic Central System Block Diagram
· Overview of Excel Plus System Software/Firmware
· Nature and significance of R7044 Databases
· Controller Database Record Access/Display/Modify Procedures using the Interactive Database Generator function of the Engineering Program
· Database Validation Procedure
· Validation Error Messages
· Database Generation/Compilation
· Database Generation Error Messages
· Downloading Processor Databases
· Database Test and Checkout